Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Failing Shawls

So, I've been trying to make a shawl for my sister-in-law.  Not having much success with it.  I've attempted two different patterns that I'm not happy with.  The first was a tunisian crochet shawl that I was designing as I went, but I wasn't happy with how it was turning out.  It was just too plain.
The second was the Small Talk Shawl by Cheri McEwan http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/small-talk-shawl .  It is a beautiful shawl, I actually made it larger by adding two extra panels, but it is just too lacy for what I'm wanting in this particular shawl, plus I'm using lace weight instead of fingering.  I do plan on making it at another time though because the pattern is gorgeous.
The yarn is beautiful, its Schaeffer Yarns, Andrea in greenjeans.  So I'm holding off on doing a rip out for a few days to stew over changing the pattern and in the meanwhile I'm whipping out a baby blanket for my soon to arrive niece Emma.  I'm using Rebecca Leigh's Ripples of Joy Pattern http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ripples-of-joy .  For this I'm using Sublime's Bamboo & Pearls dk in oyster, lilac, and green.  It should be pretty.  Will post pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment